All children ages 8 and above with an Intellectual Impairment or Cognitive Delay qualify to participate in all Special Olympics events. If interested in Special Olympics, please check out their website at www.soill.org.
Special Olympic teams and events are divided up into different areas across Illinois, below are the areas and their links in the Chicagoland suburbs:
- Area 2- Kane, Kendall and DuPage west of Tollway I-355https://www.soill.org/area2/
- Area 3- Chicagohttps://www.soill.org/area3/
- Area 5- Western Cook County and Eastern DuPage https://www.soill.org/area5/
- Area 7- Southern Cook and Willhttps://www.soill.org/area7/
- A full listing of all other area’s in Illinois can be found at https://www.soill.org/contact/
- If interested in becoming a Volunteer for Special Olympics https://www.soill.org/volunteers/